Ceylan Özgün Özçelik’s "INFLAME" to have its world premiere at the Berlinale
Turkish writer/director Ceylan Özgün Özçelik’s debut feature INFLAME will make its world premiere at the 67th Berlinale Panorama. INFLAME is the only film from Turkey at this year's edition which takes place from February 9 to 19, 2017.
Kaygı / Inflame (Based on a True Nightmare)
Partners & Funds:
!f Istanbul Sundance Screenwriters Lab,
New Directors FEST Pitching Forum
Turkish Ministry of Culture 'First Feature Film' Support
Adahan Istanbul Hotel
Fongogo Crowdfunding Campaign
Meetings on the Bridge Work In Progress Anadolu Efes Award
Ceylan Özgün Özçelik
Ceylan Özgün Özçelik
Istanbul Film Production, Armağan Lale (Filmada),
Ceylan Özgün Özçelik (EHY Film Production)
Her nightmare is reality and reality is a total nightmare.
A news channel employee Hasret, has been seeing the same nightmare for quite some time.
Through recurring nightmares, a question creeps into her mind:
Is it possible that her parents were not killed in a traffic accident twenty years ago
but have died in some other, horrific way.
Born in 1980, in Turkey. Özçelik studied law at the Marmara University in Istanbul, but never practiced. She attended photography, cinematography, producing and filmmaking workshops. Also took Adrienne Weiss' Directing Actors classes.
After working as a text writer in TV channels and as a DJ in a radio station, started to produce, write and host a TV show on cinema called “En Heyecanlı Yeri”, which was aired for almost ten years. Add to that she produced and wrote four other culture-art TV programmes.
She had written film reviews for online and print media for fourteen years.
A book of interviews and media memoirs called "Dikkat Çekim Var!” written by her, published in 2013.
In between 2005-2011, she edited behind the scenes, cinema award videos, production company trailers and documentaries. Her short films have screened at various festivals including Bratislava Art and Festroia.
Her feature film debut KAYGI/INFLAME, a thriller about memory and mass media, has made its world premiere at the 67. Berlinale Panorama and won Luna Gamechanger Award at South by Southwest (SXSW) where the film had its North American premiere.
Özçelik is currently developing her second feature 18+, which is a dark comedy about women and violence.
2017 Kaygı / Inflame (Based on a True Nightmare) - Psychological Thriller
2011 Adil ya da Değil / By Any Means Necessary - Mystery
Script, Director, Producer
2009 Onlar Birbirlerini Sevdiler Ama... / So-Called Love Story! - Musical Comedy
Script, Director, Editor, Producer
2007 Nisanın Her Tarafı Vicdan Olsa / How Much Does Pride Cost? - Drama
Script, Director, Producer
From Script to Screen: Zeki Demirkubuz and Zeki Ökten
(Turkish Directors Documentary Series - The Ministry Of Culture Project)
2010 Dir. Tayfun Pirselimoğlu - Saç / Hair
Behind the scenes – Camera, Editing
2010 Erman Film (Production Company) – Trailer
2008-2009-2010 Turkish Film Critics Association
Turkish Cinema Awards - Nominees & Honorary Awards Videos
Wrote / Directed / Edited / Hosted
2007-2011 Short films
- Best Media radio and TV shows – Assistant, Host, Editor
- Energy Media Productions – Text writer
- Weekly show Sinemedya broadcasted on ATV Channel – Text writer
- Weekly show En Heyecanlı Yeri/Climax broadcasted on Skyturk 360 (471 episodes) - Producer, Editor, Host
- Film reviews: Istanbul Life Magazine, Altyazi Magazine, Empire Turkey, FotoFilm, Sinema Magazine, Cumhuriyet Newspaper, eksisinema.com, arkapencere.com, etc.)
- TV programme about DVDs upcoming, called DeVeDe KULAK broadcasted on Skyturk 360 – Producer, Editor, Host
- Nisan’ın Her Tarafı Vicdan Olsa / How Much Does Pride Cost? – Screenplay, Director, Producer
- Onlar Birbirlerini Sevdiler Ama… / A So Called Love Story! - Screenplay, Director, Editor, Producer
- Adil ya da Değil / By Any Means Necessary - Screenplay, Director, Producer
- 40th Turkish Film Critics Association Turkish Cinema Awards Honorary Awards - Co-editor
- 41st and 42nd Turkish Film Critics Association Turkish Cinema Awards Nominees and Honorary Awards – Co-editor
- Tayfun Pirselimoğlu – Saç / Hair Behind the Scenes- Camera, Editing
- Erman Film (Production Company) Trailer - Editor
- FILM-YÖN (Film Directors' Union) Project: Documentary Series: Turkish Film Directors – Interviewer, Co-editor
- “Producing culture-art programmes” presentation at Festival on Wheels / Goethe-Institut Ankara
- “Short Film in Turkey” forum at Bogazici University Mithat Alam Film Center - Speaker
- Daily culture-art show called Seans broadcasted on Skyturk 360 - Producer, Editor, Host
- Kültür Mafyasi Magazine - Editor
- Her book of interviews and media notes called “Dikkat Çekim Var! / Silence We're Rolling! ” was published.
- Daily, global and live culture-art show Zamandan Mekandan – Editor, Host
- “Producing culture-art programmes” presentation at 8. Eskişehir Palto Film Days
- 45. International Antalya Film Festival, Critics Jury
- International Bursa Silk Road Film Festival, Critics Jury
- 20. and 21. Istanbul International Short Film Festival, Jury member
- Istanbul High School International Short Film Competition, Jury member
- International Malatya Film Festival, Critics Jury
- 7. TURSAK Filmmakers Of Tomorrow, Jury member
- Teen Shorts Film Festival, Jury member
- 13. Flying Broom International Women's Film Festival, Fipresci Jury
- 22. Ankara International Film Festival - Short Competition Jury member
- 23. Ankara International Film Festival - Documentary Competition Jury member
- 19. International Adana Golden Ball Film Festival - Short Competition Preliminary Jury
- 49. International Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival - International Competition Critics Jury
- 12. !f Istanbul Film Festival, Critics Jury
- 9. Yıldız Short Film Competition Jury Member
- 26. Ankara International Film Festival - Short Competition Preliminary Jury
International Adana Golden Ball Film Festival
International Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival
- Pandora'nın Kutusu / Pandora's Box
- Vücut / The Body
- Gözetleme Kulesi / Watchtower & Siirt'in Sırrı / Know My Mame
- Köksüz / Nobody's Home & Hayatboyu / Lifelong & Hadi Baba Gene Yap / Come on Daddy, Do It Again
- Hudutların Kanunu / The Law of the Border & Can
- Daire / Circle & Mavi Dalga / The Blue Wave & Kutsal Bir Gün / A Holy Day
- Short Film in Turkey forum at TISFEST
- Q & A with actor Mehmet Günsür at Bogazici University Mithat Alam Film Center
- Aysim Türkmen Çekmeköy Underground premiere night
- International Izmir Short Film Festival - Opening Ceremony
- 2. StreetDance Carnaval
- 15. Festival on Wheels - Closing Ceremony
- 23. Istanbul International Short Film Festival - Opening and Closing Ceremony
- 24. Istanbul International Short Film Festival - Opening Ceremony
- 13. !f Istanbul Film Festival - Closing Ceremony
- 2. International Accesible Film Festival - Closing Ceremony